Saturday, March 17, 2012

I LOVE YOU FOR A THOUSAND YEARS

Lots of memories today - St. Pat's Day. On this day years ago, my heart opened larger than I ever expected it could. One man stole my heart, he stole my mind, and he captured from deep within me - every bit of love one person can feel for another.

I remember the kilt he wore today as he celebrated his heritage. I remember the laughs, the jokes, the dance, the joy we shared together. But most of all - I remember the embrace before we drifted off to sleep. It was the tightest he ever held me. And then softly in my ear, he whispered, "I love you, Lynnie."

This morning on my way out, I turned on the radio. Something I never do, but today I did. I tune in and surprisingly, I hear these words sing out to me, "I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more."

Chip - I die everyday waiting for you. Darling I'm not afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more...too.

I miss you...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment