Saturday, October 2, 2010

JOY TO THE WORLD

Puppy Scooby(Dec 07) and Granny Angel
JOY TO THE WORLD
I decide that I need to clean my kitchen on this one Sunday morning. I've ignored household chores for quite some time now. My energy has been low, my depression over Chip's death has taken over everything. But today, I try to snap out of it for a brief time. I load my dirty dishes into the dishwasher and then I stand still in front of the sink. I look out the window and daze out into the back yard.

Suddenly, I'm listening to a short lyric of a song. I hear, "Jeremiah was a bullfrog". Stunned, I immediately snap back into reality. I question myself and wonder where that came from. And then I hear, "Joy to the world, all the boys and girls. Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea, joy to you and me."

Again, for the second time on this same week-end, I race to the computer room to look up the lyrics. Three Dog Night; oh my god, that's one of Chip's favorite groups. And this song, we attempted a sing-a-long not so long ago.

Joy - that's what I get from this song. Joy to the world, joy to all the boys and girls, joy to fishes, and joy...to him and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment